The Subjunctive Made Simple Course
Fill out our Subjunctive course interest list and we will get in touch with you asap!
Our 12-week Subjunctive course was such a hit, that we will be offering it again!
Since this summer is a bit of bust due to Covid-19, we will be offering it again, starting in August!
When most Spanish students think about the subjunctive, they immediately feel a sense of dread and anxiety. They get so overwhelmed by this topic, that most students shy away from it.
But what if I told you that 90% of this topic is actually pretty straightforward and not nearly as difficult as you thought?
What if I told you that after these 12 weeks you would have a really good idea of when to use the subjunctive 90% of the time and that you would be able to determine which of the 4 subjunctive tenses to use?
Would you give yourself the chance to learn it?
This course is going to revolve around:
- subjunctive triggers
- learning how to determine which of the 4 Subjunctive Tenses to use
- and mindset
More than anything, we want you to be exposed to the 90% of the subjunctive that is straightforward and not nearly as difficult to learn as you may think.
With 12 weeks dedicated to learning & practicing that 90%, you will be able to master this beast in no time!
After this course we also hope that you will feel excited about the Subjunctive and no longer afraid of it!
- It will be a 12-week online course
- Each class will be 60-75 minutes long, with approximately 75% of the class dedicated to instruction, and 25% to practice
- The class instruction will be in English, not in Spanish (complicated subject matter)
- There will be weekly homework, which will be mostly in Spanish, with some translation work
- The weekly homework is expected to take 60-90 minutes per week
- The course is $333.33, which includes 12-15 hours of live, online class time + weekly homework assignments with answer keys when applicable or with corrections to your homework when applicable
- Levels B1-B2-B3-C1-C2 are welcome (you must have a decent knowledge of the other tenses to take this course)
- Taught by Caro (the subjunctive fanatic)
- Non-Pura Buena Onda students are welcome, but must have their level assessed first
- Our goal with this course is to help you figure out when & how to use the Subjunctive a good 90% of the time. We will cover the most common uses, and possibly a few random nuances as well.
- Only 28 spots available – this course WILL sell out, so we recommend that you sign up ASAP
- We will meet 12 out of 14 weeks between the weeks of 8/4/20 – 11/3/20
- We will meet online on Tuesdays, alternating between 1pm and 7pm, every other week
- The classes will be recorded, so if you’re not able to be with us for every class, you may play it back at a later time
- Playbacks will be available for 4 weeks from class date
- We will meet online at 7pm on 8/4, 8/18, 9/8, 9/22, 10/13 & 10/27
- We will meet online at 1pm on 8/11, 8/25, 9/15, 9/29, 10/20 & 11/3
- We will not have class on 9/1 & 10/6
- In the event that PBO needs to cancel a class due to an urgent matter, the make up class will be on 11/17 @ 7pm
- Between class & homework it is approximately a 2-3 hour commitment per week
- The course is non-refundable, non-transferable & non-extendable; no exceptions
- To purchase the course please go to the “Courses” tab in MindBody
Online class details:
- Zoom is the platform that we use for our online classes: https://zoom.us
- You must have a computer with a working microphone + a camera
- You must have a good internet connection & preferably a computer with 8GB of RAM
- You must have WIRED headphones
- You MUST have a quiet place to take the class (no coffee shops, etc.)
- If you intend to take this course, step 1 is to schedule an equipment check with us before you commit to taking it. Once you commit, if you have connection issues, we will not be responsible. Please contact Juliet at [email protected] to schedule a tech check. If you have already used Zoom in the past and are sure that you will not run into problems, you’re welcome to purchase the course first, and then schedule your teach check.
We can’t wait to see you in class!