Frequently Asked Questions about our Spanish immersion conversation classes:
How do I know which level is right for me?
– The first step before taking a class at Pura Buena Onda is to schedule a level assessment. Please contact us to schedule an assessment today: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you are a level 1 beginner (A1), you do not need to take an assessment. An A1 level student is any student who has zero knowledge of Spanish, up to someone who is not yet able to hold 2 minute spontaneous conversation about basic subjects, such as family, where you are from, what you do for a living, what you did last weekend, your hobbies, etc.
Is there a minimum number of classes I must purchase?
– Yes, the minimum is 4 and the maximum is 20.
I travel a lot for work. Is there an option for those of us that can’t commit to a set schedule?
– Yes, absolutely. Whether you choose a self-managed or staff-managed package, you will have control of your schedule.
Can I come in for one class and then decide if I want to commit?
– If you choose a mini-assessment (versus a full-assessment), you may purchase a trial class for $29. Please note that if you are a level 1 beginner, there is no need for an assessment, and trial classes are not offered. We do however offer a 4-class package for you to try out.
Do you offer any discounts?
– We offer discounts on occasion. If you would like to be on our mailing list, please fill out the form below, and you will be notified of any discounts throughout the year.
– We also offer a free class to students on their birthday, and for referrals (when the new student signs up for classes and puts you down as the person who referred them).
Do you offer private classes?
– We do! Please check out our private lessons page: Private & semi-private Spanish lessons
Do you offer classes for beginners?
– Yes we do! Classes for beginners
Do you offer other services?
– Yes we do! Pura Buena Onda offers several other services beyond classes:
Consulting: Are you interested in making the transition from Craigslist tutor to having a language school? That is where I started 12 years ago! I would be happy to help you through the transition, share my experience and answer any questions you may have! Please contact me for details at email@example.com.
Teacher Training: Do you have a traditional language school but would like to make the transition to a Spanish conversation immersion school? We can train your teachers! Please contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson plans for sale: Do you have the teachers and the school, but don’t have time to come up with lesson plans? Did you take classes at PBO in the past, have moved away & can’t find a school that offers Spanish conversation immersion? Purchase our lesson plans and give them to your teacher! You can purchase the entire year’s lessons for $189 by contacting us at email@example.com. Individual lesson plans may also be purchased for $2.99 – $4.99 on the Teachers Pay Teachers website.
Internships: Are you a Spanish major interested in an internship with a Spanish Language school? Please contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions? Please contact us today at email@example.com!