Small-group Spanish classes for beginners.
- 3-6 students per class
- 90 minute classes
- Auto-renewing memberships start at $119. The exact price depends on how many classes you would like per month (the more classes you purchase at a time, the lower the price per class)
- All purchases are non-refundable & non-transferable
Our classes are conversational Spanish classes
- We do not use books
- We do not do endless verb drills
- We do not concentrate on grammar
- We do not role-play about Juanito going to the library
- We do not memorize useless vocabulary
- We do talk about OUR lives, not hypothetical situations
- We do learn by talking about things that have meaning to us
- We do learn by listening and repeating, as we did when we learned our native language as children
- We do learn by doing the non-academic, written homework every day
- We do learn by making mistakes, being corrected, and learning from experience
- We do learn by doing, not studying
- We do learn through repetition
A few things to note
- There is a daily, written homework assignment which takes about 10 minutes to do & is a VERY important part of being successful with this type of program
- This class is for beginners, which includes anyone who has zero knowledge of Spanish, to those who have some knowledge but are not yet conversational
Is the beginner’s class 100% in Spanish?
- No. We start with about 70% Spanish and increase the amount of Spanish as students understand more and more.
When will I be ready for the next level?
- It depends on how much Spanish you knew before you came to us & how much time you dedicate to learning. At this stage it is typical to stay in the same level for 6-12 months, if you are coming to class once a week. If you come 2x a week or more, you will probably be ready for level A2 in 3-6 months.
How will I know when I’m ready to advance?
- To move into an A2 (Advanced Beginner level 2) class, you should be able to have 2 minute spontaneous conversations about various basic subjects, to understand 90% of the questions asked by your teacher, to communicate in Spanish without using English, and to be understood by a native speaker 90% of the time. You may sound like a caveman, but you’ll be able to communicate without using English.
- When you’re getting close to advancing you will receive an email from our admin team, asking you to try the next level class, so that you can get an idea of exactly what you need to work on to advance.
We are very excited to have you join us for your Spanish learning journey!
Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions!