Participate in our 90-day Spanish Bootcamp!
Are you feeling stuck in your level?
Are you frustrated with the pace at which you’re learning Spanish?
Are you dying to advance to the next level?
Participate in our annual 90-Day Spanish Bootcamp and give your Spanish the boost it needs!!!
How do I give my Spanish a boost?
Pura Buena Onda – Conversational Spanish offers many resources year-round to help you on your Spanish learning journey.
But our 90-Day Spanish Bootcamp is one of our favorite offerings to boost your learning!
Our Bootcamp is designed for you to use ALL of the resources that PBO offers for a full 3 months.
We know for a fact that when students take advantage of everything our school has to offer, that they advance at a much faster pace than students who do not.
We want to give you the opportunity to experience that for yourself!
For 90 consecutive days you will be immersed in improving your Spanish with us, by following a simple, yet rigorous program.
We know from 15 years of experience that you will see noticeable improvements in your Spanish if you complete our 90-Day Spanish Bootcamp!
What are the Bootcamp tasks specifically?
* Daily *
1 – Participate in La conversación del día on Facebook.
This must be done every single day for 90 days (meaning that you cannot go through all the questions for the week on Sunday for example – you must log in each day to do this).
And yes, you must agree to use Facebook to officially participate in this challenge.
2 – Respond to all of our Instagram posts & videos daily.
We post several mini-lessons on Instagram + a video or two every week, along with numerous stories.
In order to participate in the challenge, you would need to check out at least 1 post or story every day and comment/respond.
And yes, you must agree to use Instagram to officially participate in this challenge.
3 – Speaking and listening to Spanish for 20 minutes every day, preferably with one of our other participants.
We recommend working on your weakness.
If you understand more than you can say, then practice your speaking skills.
If you express yourself well but have a hard time understanding native speakers, do more listening exercises.
* Weekly *
1 – Attend a minimum of 1 class every week.
You must make class a priority during these 90 days (13 weeks) by working everything else into your schedule around your Spanish classes.
In the case that it is absolutely necessary to miss a class, it must be made up the week before or the week after you miss it.
2 – Do the “optional” homework every week.
If you take the challenge, the weekly optional homework assigned by your teacher, is no longer optional.
The grammar workbook however, is optional.
(Level A1 Beginners: there is no workbook recommended for your level, and your homework is daily).
3 – Watch & respond to one of our YouTube videos weekly.
You can watch the newest one or one of our oldies but goodies.
Just make sure you comment or give a thumbs up so we know you watched it.
4 – Watch & like one of our TikTok videos weekly OR check out one of our previous Patreon posts.
You can watch the newest one or one of our oldies but goodies.
Just make sure you like it or comment, so we know you watched it.
5 – Respond to the weekly survey.
We will include a weekly survey on our Patreon page, asking if you have completed every task.
If you have not OR you do not respond to the survey within 24 hours, you will not continue to “officially” be a part of the Bootcamp, although you can certainly continue to do your best, as it will definitely help your Spanish!
* Monthly *
1 – Attend 2 of the 4 social club events
in September, October, November and/or December.
2 of the 4 events will be in-person and 2 will be virtual, so you will need to plan accordingly.
What is the cost?
- The cost is $20/month + the price of weekly classes during the 90 days (non-refundable). If you take group classes for example, the cost will be approximately $129/month for classes + $20/month for the Bootcamp.
- We highly recommend signing up for the staff-managed membership, to make sure you can get into the class of your choice each week.
- The staff-managed membership is an additional $19. If you’re very disciplined with scheduling, you won’t need this. If you want to “set it and forget it,” we recommend the staff-managed add-on.
Do I have to have Facebook & Instagram to participate?
- Yes, you do. You can set up a temp account under your real name and then immediately change it to a false name, so that no one else can find you, but you must participate on all platforms.
What happens if I don’t do one of the tasks or respond to the weekly survey?
- You’re out. This is a Bootcamp people, which means that we’re going to push you like a drill sergeant would! (Insert evil laugh here).
What if I’m out of town one week?
- You still need to accomplish your tasks. You can do most of it while traveling. If you can’t make it to class, you can come 2x the week before or after your trip, to make up for it.
What happens if I can’t get into a class in my level?
- This may happen, so we highly recommend you book 30-60 days out. We recommend setting a weekly alarm, to make sure you’re always on top of it OR, to make things easier on yourself, we recommend signing up for our staff-managed membership, for an additional $19/month.
- If you do not see any openings one week, you can sign up for the waitlist. If a waitlist spot does not open up, you have 3 options: take a lower level class and participate, take a higher level class and just listen, or double up on classes the following week.
- The faster you sign up for the Bootcamp and start to schedule your classes, the easier it will be to get into your preferred class.
Can anyone in any level do this?
Can I do this if I have never taken classes before?
- Yes, but if you’re not a beginner, you will need to schedule an assessment ASAP, so make sure you sign up for one right away, so that we can get you in before the deadline. There are limited assessment spots.
How do I sign up?
- We use the platform Patreon to run Bootcamp. Please go to our Patreon page, become a patron, and you will see instructions as we get closer to the challenge.
- DEADLINE to sign up: Wednesday 9/13/22
- You’re also welcome to take advantage of all the content on our Patreon page :)
All in all, you will spend approximately 30-40 minutes on your Spanish per day, 60-90 minutes on class days, and 1.5-2 hours on social club days.
The challenge starts on Saturday 9/16 and ends on Thursday 12/14/23.
On Saturday 12/16/23 the students who have completed 100% of the Bootcamp will be invited to an in-person breakfast celebration (exact time TBD).
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Wednesday 9/13/22
DON’T MISS OUT!
Bootcamp purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable
This is THE BEST decision you could make to give your Spanish a boost!
(Apart from going to a Spanish speaking country to live for 90+ days.)
Current PBO students
Make sure you have a 4+ class per month membership.
Then sign up for Patreon
Instructions to follow on Patreon.
Please email us: [email protected]
Please include your first name, last name, email address, AND
let us know if you are able or not able to hold a 2 minute conversation, entirely in Spanish at this point.
If you’re not quite there, we will have you schedule a level assessment before you purchase classes (unless you want private classes).
We will then set up an account for you & send you purchasing instructions.
Then you will be able to sign up for Patreon
If you need any help at all, please reach out to us!
It would be our absolute pleasure to assist you!